10 Rosewater Benefits For Skin & Hair
1. Rosewater helps maintain the skin’s pH balance, and also controls excess oil.
2. “Rose water has anti-inflammatory properties that can help reduce the redness of irritated skin, get rid of acne, dermatitis and eczema. It is a great cleanser and aids in removing oil and dirt accumulated in clogged pores”, says Dr. Deepali Bhardwaj, Skincare Expert.
3. Rose water helps hydrate, revitalise and moisturise the skin giving it with that refreshed look.
4. Due to its antibacterial properties, rose water also aids in healing scars, cuts and wounds.
5. The antioxidant properties of rose water help to strengthen skin cells and regenerate skin tissues. Read More
6. Due to the astringent like properties it possesses, rose water helps clean pores and tone the skin. Applying rose water after steaming tightens capillaries, reduces redness and blotchiness.
7. The aroma of roses is said to be a powerful mood enhancer. It rids you of feelings of anxiety and promotes emotional well-being, thereby making you feel more relaxed.
8. The nourishing and moisturising properties of rose water enhance the quality of hair. It is known to treat mild scalp inflammations and get rid of dandruff. Rosewater works wonders as a natural conditioner and revitalises hair growth.
9. The scent of rose water on your pillow also helps you sleep better after a long day, making you wake up refreshed.
10. It also helps aging skin, keeping fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
As Skin Toner
We are often told to follow a cleansing, toning and moisturising skincare regimen in order to keep the skin healthy and radiant. Toning is usually ignored but it is a significant step in skincare as toner removes oils, dirt and debris from the skin that the cleanser has missed. Hence toner aids in cleansing the skin thoroughly while maintaining its delicate pH balance.
Pure rose water is gentle in nature and helps in maintaining the skin’s pH balance. It also possesses astringent properties which helps clean the pores of oil and grime toning the skin further. Regular use of rose water will keep the skin free of extra oil and help prevent problems like blackheads, whiteheads, acne and pimple. Using rose water as toner is better than using chemical based toners which might dry out the skin.
Rose water has soothing properties and can be used as an all-natural skin toner. Apply rose water on your face and allow it to settle in your pores. Your face will feel fresh and the lingering rose aroma will uplift your mood.